The Cluster Centre supports Clusters and the Cluster Ecosystem in Ireland.
Clusters provide a bridge between business, the public sector, universities and society. Clusters enhance innovation, growth, industry and competitiveness.
Developing a Cluster is about trust & collaboration. Let’s talk.
About CLUSTER Development
Grounded in the concepts of collaboration and coopetition, Industry Clustering is recognised as a valuable economic tool for companies, industry sectors, for regional development and for national competitiveness. The National Competitiveness Council notes that ‘regions successful in facilitating industry clusters ‘have been found to have higher levels of productivity, innovation, employment and prosperity’.
By providing an overarching structure for Clusters and for Policy makers, The Cluster Center is designing a framework and a partnership approach to Cluster capacity building in Ireland. The Cluster Centre has set out to work across the quadruple helix and support Clusters, Networks, Trade Associations, Research Gateways, Policy Makers and Civil Society with Cluster Development.
Where do I start? Contact The Cluster Centre to discuss your needs.
Clusters & the Cluster Ecosystem is recognised as a driver of economic activity and regional development.
As a Cluster Manager or as Policy Lead do you need to:
- Build understanding for Clusters & the Cluster ecosystem
- Support & build capability for Clusters, Clustering & Networks
- Build industry peer to peer & knowledge sharing dialogue
- Collate collective industry insights
- Engage, Consult & Learn with Irish and international experts & stakeholders.
- Advocate the potential of the collective.
- Research your Industry Supply Chain
- Create & Connect on Cluster Roadmaps & Action Plan
IReland's Cluster Repository
Browse some of the latest reports on Clustering
- 2020, Geoscience Ireland – The Formation and Maintenance of a Successful Business Cluster
- 2019, Cluster Policy in Northern Ireland
- 2018, Rethinking Irish Cluster Policy
- 2017, Clustering in Ireland, Development Cycle Considerations
- 2015, Mapping The Potential For All-Island Sectoral Ecosystems
- 2015, Clusters, Economic Performance, Irish Regions
- TCI Cluster Evaluation Working Group Cluster Efforts in Ireland
- 2007, The Role for Clusters in Irish Economic Development Policy
- 2001, Industry Clusters in Ireland: An Application of Porter’s Model of National Competitive Advantage to Three Sectors
Clusters in Ireland
- ADS Northern Ireland
- APT Gateway
- Connected Health Innovation Centre NI
- CREST Gateway
- Design Plus
- Engenuity Engineering
- Engineering Materials Design Ireland Cluster
- Fintech Northern Ireland
- Future Screens NI
- GeoSciences Irl
- Health Innovation Research Alliance NI
- Irish Bioeconomy Foundation
- Irish Manufacturing Research
- LINC Engineering Network
- Manufacturing Northern Ireland
- Medical Engineering Technology
- NI Cyber
- NI Advanced Composites & Engineering
- NI Polymers Association
- NI Food & Drink
- Shannon International Aviation Services Centre
Up and coming cluster focused events
- 28th Oct 2020, ECCP helps Clusters go Digital: Digitalisation of Cluster services & activities. Register here.
- 10 – 12th Nov 2020, European Cluster Conference takes place, along with the Intra-European Cluster Matchmaking Event. More details here.
- Next Cluster 2 Cluster all island Webinar, 04th Nov, 11 – 12. Register here.
- The Cluster Centre Webinar: Igniting Cluster Development with Ifor Williams, Global Cluster Expert, Ongoing in Oct & Nov 2020.
- European Cluster Alliance Daily Webinars
Browse the latest International reports on Clustering.
- 2020, Supports Skills for Industry through Clusters
- 2020, Clusters as drivers of European Policy
- 2020, Clusters and Smart Specialisation Strategies
- 2020, Clusters presence and economic performance, a new look based on European data
- 2020, N Zealand, Frontier Firms, An International Small Economy Perspective
- 2019, Overview and analysis of cluster policy/programmes in Europe and beyond